Monday 8 November 2010

Ethical Investing Myth 1

Myth 1: Green and ethical investing means a specific set of products, particularly those with negative screening.

Fact: Green and ethical investing is an investment philosophy that combines environmental and social criteria with conventional investment criteria to meeting both a client's financial objectives and any social or environmental objectives that they may have. It is defined by use of this philosophy not by any one technique.

Many modern green and ethical investments aim to help investors to make money and make a difference in society at the same time. For example, they may use thematic investing, selecting companies offering profitable solutions to particualr social or environmental problems. Negatively screened ethical funds can be selected for those that do want to avoid profiting from certain activities but this is not the only aspect of green and ethical investing.

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching ethical and green investing take shape for about forty years. Global consciousness on this subject has changed radically in the past few years and is now more accepting than at any time previously. It's clear that if we want an Earth to support our future generations, we have to begin to take care of it now!

    Incidentally, for anyone interested in green and ethical investing, I have one of the most popular global sites on the web on the subject. It also covers the latest related news and research too. It's at http://investingforthesoul.com/

    Best wishes, Ron Robins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete