Thursday 4 November 2010

Friends & Money

Last night I saw the film "The Social Network" which I greatly enjoyed. For those that don't know, this is a film about the story of Facebook - the world's leading online networking site. The film charts the rise of Facebook from its contraversial launch at Harvard University in 2004. Its a fascinating tale of how an idea became reality and now has over 500million active users, with most people checking their Facebook account on a daily basis.

This success has made the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg a billionnaire. The film charts the ironic tension and breakdown of the relationships between good friends as they build the social network. This resulted in legal actions between the parties concerned that resulted in significant sums of money exchanging hands. No one is depsicted as blameless within the film and frankly all posed some pretty good arguments for their case. I'm not sure where truth and story part company, or indeed if they do - but from my perspective, the main observation is the leathal impact of a combination of pride and money on a relationship.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and as you may know, am a regular user of Facebook. Zuckerberg is frankly a post-modern genius.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete