Wednesday 2 February 2011

Financial Education

I was at a branch meeting of the Institute of Financial Planners last night and listened to some interesting stuff (well for me it was). One of the points that was made was that an IFAs/Financial Planners website is not really there to educate clients/interested parties - as plenty of other sites do this job perfectly well. I would certainly agree that other sites do offer some helpful guidance, but I wonder what your thoughts are? Who else is better placed to comment!

Here is a link to Money Made Clear which is produced by the FSA for everyone to use. Whilst I know that the FSA see an awful lot of duff advice, it does rather irritate me that the assumption is that most advisers don't provide the facts, confuse and confound clients with selling techniques and jargon. Their own documentation (available to all) is about as jargon-full / double-dutch as it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment