Wednesday 10 November 2010

National Ethical Investment Week

Last night I was at the House of Commons for a parliamentary reception to mark NEIW 2010. UKSIF, the sustainable investment and finance association called upon the Government to introduce a Green ISA allowance at the next Budget in March 2011. New research from YouGov for NEIW reveals that over 12 million British adults (about 27%) would be likely to invest in a Green ISA during the next 12 months. The research also revealed that over half would consider investing in renewable energy to help the sector receive greater funding. This money would help to meet the urgent demand for investment in the green energy and environmental sector.

Government adviser Lord Wei outlined the challenge facing the ethical/green market within financial services and combined this with the challenge of "Big Society". He was impressive and it was a good opportunity for me to meet some of those involved within the movement to promote better business who have some fantastic ideas about how we can all profit from investment into innovative markets.


I also spent time with Penny Shepherd MBE and UKSIF CEO who has been spearheading the drive to make NEIW into the investment world equivalent of "Fair Trade fortnight" and who spoke on Radio 5 earlier in the day (21 minutes into Wake Up To Money).

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete